POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 18 Jan 2008 09:26:54
Message: <4790b72e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> How time flies.

Indeed!

 > What have you been doing and are you really back?

Well, in a nutshell, I dropped out of my local university after I
realized that I only had one IT instructor that wasn't completely
incompetent (way to have an accountant "teaching" C++, guys...I *love*
having to play teacher when I'm the one paying to go there), I enrolled
in a technical college, graduated, moved to Maryland with a friend of
mine, couldn't find a job, partially moved back to Ohio (by that I mean
I took little more than my laptop, some clothes, my PSP and DS, and my
car with me), got a job with Nielsen Media Research as a field
representative, and am now sitting in a hotel room in Florida, going to
their field training school.

Throughout all of this, I somehow managed to become a bigger nerd than I
ever was.

It's been interesting, that's for sure. :)

As for your second inquiry, yeah, I think I'm going to stick around for
a while.  Maybe even get back into POV-Ray a bit (gasp).

--
-Ian